Friday 25 April 2014

Clinique eye defining liquid liner REVIEW

Good afternoon :)
I know...this brand is not cruelty free :( but my boyfriend gave it to me due to I lost my revlon liquid liner in his home; I was beginning to love the revlon liner when suddenly I got lost...anyway, I wasn't going to say no to my BF's gift, so here I am giving you my review :)
Clinique eye defining liner


What I LOVE about this:
1.It's the perfect matte black..the revlon had a bit of vinyl finish, but this one is absolutely matte black and the pigmentation is very good.

2. I love this brush, it's not stiff, neither soft, it's flexible enough to allow me make a perfect winged look or a simple bold line. You may have trouble if you want to achieve a super fine line, in that case, better go for the physicians formula eye booster serum liner.

3. It has no parabens on the ingredients list.

4. It has a very good amount of product, 3.1g for a liquid liner is a lot! It may last up to 1 year or more even  though you use it every day, these kind of liquid liners are magical, they come in a small tube but they last so long! (sadly not in your eyes).

5. The clinique girl gave me a little gift, a small mascara (which is good) and free samples of the lotions and 
cleanser.

Ingredients list

What I HATE (and you would hate):
1. It's not waterproof...it isn't even water resistant, revlon was a bit of water resistant but this thing it's NOT. If you cry, beware...you'll look like a raccoon. You better not using it if you're on "those" sensitive days.
2. It's PRICEY...$16.50 :/ I wouldn't mind giving my almost 17 box if this eyeliner would have been waterproof or water resistant... I'll have to invite my Bf to dinner :P
3. It takes like 5-10sec to dry, otherwise it would transfer. I don't recommend this for summer, rainy weather and extreme oily eyelids.
4. IT SMUDGES EASILY! aflter 4 hours I did notice that the corner of my winged line was fading and FLAKING off, leaving the skin near my eye full of dark flakes. I hate this.
5. The formula it's too liquid, sometimes hard to work with.

WATERPROOF TEST! and swatches.
Clinique liquid liner swatch Black

 Please don't smudge...

Oh Lord...it did.


Would I buy it again? NO, never. Clinique has good products, but this thing was their worst invention. The only reason I'm keeping is because my Bf gave it to me, otherwise I would have already thrown it away.
Please leave your comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment