Wednesday 5 February 2014

Revlon lip butter lipstick review (candy apple)


Revlon Lip butter lipstick in candy apple
candy apple lip butter
Revlon lip butter lipstick candy apple
Ingredients list

This lipstick is a new generation of lip colour and balm. It goes on nice but you have to press a little bit the balm against your lips because the formula is not too creamy as other lipsticks are, otherwise, just with one stroke on my lips are already coloured. I chose the shade "candy apple" which is a vibrant red and it has no shimmer! it's very hard to find lipsticks without shimmer, I like them matte or just with a glossy finish, I'm afraid I'm not a fan of shining shimmery lipsticks and blushes. After a couple of hours wearing it, my lips get a red tint, so basically this butter lipstick doesn't fade away completely after 2 or 5 hours, like what happens with other tinted lip balms, and I like that! Seems like this is the perfect lipstick but...what really disappointed me was the small amount of product of 2.55g, and for it you're paying almost $8.00, that's absurd :/ I wouldn't mind about the price if the lipstick would include at least 4g of product, but...nah...
Another fact is that, although your lips tent to get a nice and lasting tint, the moisture effect disappears after 5-7hours, so I have to been applying lip balm over my lips to keep them moisturised. I didn't feel any kind of smell with this lipstick neither flavor.
Candy apple swatch
That's the whole amount of product.

RATING: 8.3 I like it, but I'll only buy it if there's a 10% off or something, The concept of the brand is good but it's so little amount of product :( and I'd like it to be more silky like the baby lips from maybelline. What do you think about these lip butters? please leave your comment :) 

2 comments:

  1. Revlon Lip butters are a bliss for dry lips!! :)
    Lovely clicks dear.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jain! Thanks for visiting my blog :3 :)

      Delete