Monday 3 March 2014

Almay wake up concealer: My thoughts after 1 year using it.

Shade light 010

Hello my beauties :) I want to share with you my experience with the almay concealer "wake up" in shade light. This concealer is now discontinued, I don't find it in the official almay page, instead, they launch a new one called "smart shade CC concealer" http://www.almay.com/products/face/concealer.aspx

Anyway, when I first saw the almay wake up concealer I saw in the packaging that it had cucumber extract, so that was supposed to work as a anti-puffy concealer with healing properties, and in that time I was making night shifts on the hospital, so I definitely needed a wonderful concealer!! But...
The things that I loved:
1. The formula is very fluid almost liquid but creamy, easy to blend and does not dry out skin.
2. The concealer has a yellow undertone, so it can camouflage moderate purple under eye circles.
3. It's good for light to moderate under eye circles.
4. Last all day and doesn't smudge.
5. It does cover fine lines and it doesn't accentuate them at all.
6. It doesn't irritate. Works nice as a primer for eyeshadows.
7. It has the right amount of product that I need, which is 6.5mL.
For a concealer, I consider that the perfect amount of product must be between 3.5g to maximum 6gr; that's because concealers in that range tend to last me up to 10-12 months, considering that I only use it 5 to 6 days a week.

The things that I HATED:
1. The container is AWFUL, the product gets stuck everywhere, so practically you're wasting concealer every time you press the tube.
2. The brush I think is useless because it's better to blend the concealer with your fingers or with other brush, but this one does not do anything to blend it right.
3. The coverage is moderate to light, so if you have severe under eye dark circles (like raccoon or panda eyes), then this concealer is not for you.
4. Bad for covering pimples and freckles.
5. The packaging said that the cucumber extract and other ingredients would help to minimise and heal your dark circles but...I didn't see anything to happen to my poor raccoon eyes :( so I kept using chamomile tea bags under my eyes.



No concealer on. that's how my dark circles look.
Concealer blended only with finger. There's not much difference between my under eye
area without/ with concealer.

Final thoughts: I don't know if I'll be buying it again, first of all because I don't think it's still available on the drugstores, but if I come to see it again, I won't grab it; the container sucks and it gest very hard to pull out some product once you're finishing it; another thing is that you waste too much product everytime you push the tube and the concealer coverage is weak for some people.
 I rather chose again the revlon photo ready :) Pleaseee leave a comment and tell me about everything you hated or loved about this concealer!


No comments:

Post a Comment